Ever wondered what the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair is? We all love our four-legged best friends, but living with cats and dogs means sharing a home with their hair. Even if your pets don’t shed much, they certainly bring in some nasty stuff from outside, making your home look and feel dirty.
To be honest, I tried keeping my house and carpets clean with a regular vacuum for years and let me tell you, it’s no fun. There is probably nothing worse than spending hours vacuuming carpets and sofas only to find out that they are still full of embedded pet hairs.
I didn’t want to kick my dog out in the backyard just because he sheds all year round, so instead, I found the best vacuum cleaner for pets.
In order to help you find the vacuum that will tackle all of your pet’s hairs and dirt, I rounded up some great vacuums for pets available on the market. Read on to find the best one for you!
Best Vacuum Cleaners For Pet Hair: Our Top Picks
- Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- New Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Upright Vacuum
- Bissell CleanView Swivel Upright Vacuum
- Hoover T-Series Wind Tunnel Pet Bagged Vacuum
- Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum
- Shark Rotator Professional Bagless Vacuum
- Bissell Bolt Lithium Cordless Vacuum
- Shark Rocket DeluxePro Stick Vacuum
- Bissell Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum & Steam Mop
1. Strongest suction on the market
1. Active AirClean filter
1. Smart Seal allergen system
1. Easy to maneuver
1. HEPA bag filters
1. Multi-level filtration
1. Anti-allergen technology
1. Extra-large dirt bin
1. Comes with attachments
1. Hands-free tank
Reviews Of The Best Vacuums For Pet Hair
If you have done your research already, you know that there are many pet hair vacuums out there, each promising a stronger suction and the best cleaning experience. Taking into account factors like power, ease of use, capacity, and noise levels, among others, I was able to narrow the list down to the 10 best vacuums for pet hair. Let’s take a closer look!
1. Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Pet Vacuum
Designed for homes with pets, the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner can tackle pet hair at a reasonable price. With the strongest suction on the market, Animal 2 is not only the best vacuum for pet hair on carpet, but it also works on all types of floors including wood, vinyl, and tiles.
This efficient and versatile vacuum cleaner is a great option if you are looking for an easy way to tackle all the dust, dirt, and hairs that pets leave behind.
- Strongest suction on the market
- Self-adjusting cleaning head
- Tangle-free brush
Thanks to the self-adjusting cleaning head, you can clean all of your carpets and floors without having to manually switch functions. When on carpets, the Animal 2 dives deep into the fibers, pulling out all the accumulated hairs, dirt, and dust for a thorough clean.
The counter-rotating brush tool removes pet hairs from carpets and upholstery – without a brush bar for hair to wrap and tangle around. Meaning, you will no longer have to stop every five minutes to bend over and pull the hairs from the brush.
The HEPA filtration system locks all the bacteria and allergens inside the machine and is a must-have if you or any of your family members suffer from pet allergies. Furthermore, the filter is washable and it will last a long time.
This vacuum cleaner also features an easy to empty bin and an extra-long hose for those hard-to-reach areas. While this vacuum is a bit heavy, the ball technology allows for easy maneuvering around your home.
- Strong suction pulls out embedded pet hairs for thorough clean
- Its HEPA filtration is certified as asthma and allergy friendly
- The tangle-free brush allows you to clean the entire house without stops
- No need to get your hands dirty – the bin is emptied with the push of a button
- It’s heavy and may be difficult to take upstairs
- A few customers stated that the head doesn’t pick up larger debris well
Overall, the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner is the best pet hair vacuum for all types of floors and carpets. Its powerful suction cleans everything in sight and the HEPA filtration system keeps the dirt locked inside the machine.
2. New Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum - High-end Pet Hair Vacuum
If you are looking to invest in a powerful and versatile vacuum that will last you decades, the Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum is a great option. Miele is a well-known and trusted German brand famous for high-quality products.
This premium vacuum cleaner comes with a high price tag, but it is well worth it. It has high suction power and works like a charm on all types of floors and carpets.
- Powerful and quiet six-speed motor
- Active AirClean filter
- Comes with four cleaning heads
The Miele’s powerful motor comes with six-speed settings which are controlled with a footswitch which allows you to adjust the suction and clean tiles, hardwood, or carpeting in one go.
With the three standard cleaning tools – adjusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice nozzle – this vacuum also comes with a Mini Turbo Brush that tackles pet hairs from upholstery. While pulling the canister might seem like a nuisance at first, you will be surprised how nimble and easy to maneuver this cleaner is.
Since pet hairs and odors come hand in hand, this vacuum has an Active AirClean filter that neutralizes that distinctive doggy odor. The filter uses active charcoal layers to lock all doggy smells into a bag instead of releasing it back into your home.
- Its strong suction cleans pet hairs and any other debris no matter how large or small
- The six-speed motor is completely adjustable and works on all types of floors
- Active AirClean filter uses active charcoal to neutralize pet odors and trap dust particles
- The canister design is easy to move around and it isn’t hard to pull
- Doesn’t come with extra bags, so you will need to buy replacements
The Miele Complete C3 is the best bag vacuum for pet hair and will clean everything from hairs, dirt, grime, dust, and nasty smells. Powerful, but surprisingly quiet, this high-quality cleaner is a great option if you have skittish pets and are ready for a sound investment (no pun intended!).
3. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Upright Vacuum - Bagless Pet Hair Vacuum
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is a great choice if you are looking to thoroughly clean your house of pet hair. Designed with pet parents in mind, the Eraser comes with all sorts of attachments for pet hair making it a versatile and practical tool to have.
The Bissell’s tangle-free main roller brush is the first thing you will notice about this vacuum cleaner. It is specially designed so it doesn’t collect hairs and will save you from bending down every few minutes to pull out dirty hair clumps.
While the main brush works great, the specialized attachments are what make the Bissell Eraser an excellent choice for pet parents. The upholstery tool cleans hairs from pillows and furniture, and the LED-lit crevice tool will help you find and clean those hard-to-reach areas.
The most notable though is the Turbo Eraser tool which is specially designed to remove embedded pet hairs from carpets and upholstery.
This vacuum uses a SmartSeal system and Febreze odor elimination filter to trap the allergens and odors, leaving your house smelling pleasantly fragrant.
Most customers rave about the quick-release wand and its ergonometric feel and the fact that this vacuum is bagless. On the other hand, some customers state that this vacuum is too cumbersome to lift upstairs and hard to maneuver into small spaces.
- Specialized pet attachments clean embedded hairs from floors and furniture
- Tangle-free main brush allows you to clean the entire house in one go
- It traps allergens and dust and eliminates pet odors from the house
- Easy emptying of the dust bin allows your hands to stay clean
- It is heavy and a bit difficult to carry upstairs if you have back issues
- Might be too big to maneuver in small apartments
Overall, the Bissell Pet Eraser Upright Vacuum offers a great value for its price and it comes with attachments every pet owner needs. And besides pulling out pet hairs from carpets and furniture, it will make your home allergen-free and smelling great.
4. Bissell CleanView Swivel Upright Vacuum - Affordable Pet Vacuum
The CleanView Swivel Upright Vacuum is also made by Bissell and it is a great option if you are on a tight budget. This model is also designed for pet parents, keeping in mind your daily struggles of keeping your house hair and odor free.
Designed to clean those hard-to-reach spots your pet likes to lounge in, this best affordable pet vacuum weighs 12.5 pounds. Because it is an upright model, it is easier to move around and more suitable for carrying up the stairs.
- Swivel steering
- Scatter-free technology
- Multi-cyclonic pet hair spooling system
Besides being relatively lightweight and easy to move in small spaces, this vacuum also features Edge-to-Edge cleaning which means that you will finally be able to clean your pet’s hairs from all corners and hidden areas.
This vacuum has a triple-action, tangle-free brush roll that loosens and cleans embedded pet hairs. It also comes with a crevice tool, extension wand, and Pet Turbo Eraser attachment that removes hairs from carpets and upholstery.
CleanView has Bissell’s patented allergen filter which has Febreze inside to leave a pleasant fresh scent. Although not as efficient as HEPA filtration, this system works and will keep allergens and dust locked inside the machine.
- Attachments for pet hair can help you clean carpets, floors, and furniture
- Lightweight design and swivel steering makes it easy to move and carry
- Spooling system pulls all the dirt and hair into the bin for hygienic emptying
- The patented filtration system works, but it isn’t effective as HEPA filters
The Bissell CleanView Swivel Upright Vacuum is lightweight, easy to maneuver, and removes pet hairs from all types of floors. This best affordable pet vacuum is a great option if you are on a tight budget but need a vacuum that will get the job done.
5. Hoover T-Series Wind Tunnel Pet Bagged Vacuum - Powerful & Efficient
The Hoover T-Series Wind Tunnel Pet Bagged Vacuum looks a lot like an old, bulky, upright vacuums. But don’t let the simple design fool you. It is a powerful and efficient vacuum that has a lot of convenient features for pet parents.
This vacuum has an on/off brushroll which gives you an opportunity to seamlessly transition from cleaning carpets to cleaning hard floors. While this is a corded model, its 30-foot cord is long enough to allow for uninterrupted cleaning.
- Activated carbon HEPA filters
- Clean-drop bag system
- No-scuff bumper
The Hoover’s Wind Tunnel technology creates a powerful suction which removes embedded pet hairs and larger debris, and at the same time prevents it from scattering around. The brushroll digs deep into the carpet fibers, cleaning up the most persistent hairs, dust, and grime.
As the best vacuum for pets and allergies, Hoover T-Series Bagged Vacuum features a HEPA media filter that locks 99.97% of dust, allergens, and pollens. And the activated carbon traps all pet odors and keeps them in.
The thing I like the most about this vacuum is that it comes with specialized attachments for pet hair. These include upholstery, crevice, and pet hand tools, an extension wand, and a stretch hose that are all super convenient and will make cleaning pet hairs very easy.
All of these attachments have their designated places on the vacuum and will always be within your hand’s reach. Although bulky and a bit heavy, the Hoover T-Series is easy to maneuver around furniture.
- Strong suction removes embedded hairs and debris without a blowback
- Its HEPA filters lock in allergens, dirt, pollen, and odors, cleaning the air in your home
- Various attachments make cleaning furniture, curtains, and corners easy
- Long cord extends for 30 feet and grants uninterrupted cleaning
- It’s a bit louder, but all efficient vacuums are
- A few customers stated that it is too heavy and hard to maneuver
Although it has a simplistic design, the Hoover T-Series Wind Tunnel Pet Bagged Vacuum is a powerful machine that tackles pet hairs on all types of floors. The HEPA filter makes it the best vacuum for pet allergies and it is also reasonably priced.
6. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum - Convenient & Affordable
The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum is a good option if you are looking for a convenient way to spot clean your home. Being a corded device, it packs more power than cordless models, but it will somewhat limit your movability.
Generally, you can use this handheld vacuum to clean your entire home, but its small bin capacity is better suited for hard-to-reach areas or upholstery.
- Two specialized nozzles – one for pet hair, the other for hard messes
- Multi-layer filtration system
- The cyclonic cleaning system
This handheld vacuum comes with two nozzles specially designed to tackle pet hairs, dirt, and debris. A soft countered nozzle has comb-like bristles and is great for removing dirt and hair. The other, hard nozzle is designed to tackle dry messes like kibble or litter.
A great thing about this vacuum is its filtration system which will remove allergens in your home. Although a bit bulky compared to other handheld vacuums, the small Pet Hair Eraser has an easy-grip handle and is comfortable to hold.
The bin has a 0.2-gallon capacity and you will be able to empty it without coming into contact with dirt and hair. Being powered by a 16-foot cord, this hand vacuum is more efficient than its battery operated counterparts and can tackle areas with embedded pet hair.
- It cleans hard-to-reach spots, upholstery, stairs, and can be used in cars
- Lightweight design and easy to grip handle makes cleaning easy
- Two nozzles work on all types of floors and clean hairs and debris
- The filtration system removes allergens to provide clean air
- The air coming out of the vacuum tends to scatter hairs on floors but is not an issue on carpets and furniture
Overall, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum is an affordable solution for spot cleaning pet hairs. It works on all types of floors to clean hairs and hard debris and at the same time reduce allergens.
7. Shark Rotator Professional Bagless Vacuum - Commercial Pet Hair Vacuum
The moderately priced Shark Rotator Professional Bagless Vacuum is a good option if you are looking for the best commercial vacuum for pet hair. It is designed to work on all types of floors and its detachable canister allows you to clean hard-to-reach spots.
The Shark Rotator Professional looks pretty much like any other upright vacuum, but it weighs less and is easily maneuverable. It also has an adjustable suction level which will allow you to seamlessly transition from carpets to hard floors.
- The HEPA filter and Anti-Allergen Seal technology
- Removable canister
- The XL capacity dust cap
Unlike some pet hair vacuums, the Shark Rotator removes both pet hairs and larger debris with exceptional ease. And while it does a great job at cleaning carpets, it performs slightly better on tiles and hardwood floors.
The removable canister has a suction nozzle which you can use to clean stairs or under the furniture without having to push the entire upright vacuum. Furthermore, the Rotator comes with stiff and flexible crevice tools and a pet power brush that sucks pet hair and dander.
Due to its advanced swivel steering, this vacuum is easy to move around and won’t get stuck between the furniture or carpets. It also has LED headlights that will make the dirt clearly visible before you vacuum it away for good.
- Its advanced swivel steering makes it easy to maneuver on different types of floors
- Its HEPA filtration system removes allergens and dust making the air completely clean
- The detachable canister works great for hard-to-reach areas
- Pet Power Brush can be used on all surfaces to remove embedded pet hair and dander
- A few customers reported that while the pet power brush works great, the hairs tend to get stuck in it and are hard to clean out
The Shark Rotator Professional Bagless Vacuum is a versatile and powerful device that won’t break the bank but will clean your floors. This best bagless vacuum for pet hair features a detachable canister that makes cleaning hard-to-reach spots feel like a breeze.
8. Bissell Bolt Lithium Cordless Vacuum - Lightweight & Portable
The Bissell Bolt is a cordless pet hair vacuum cleaner and has a powerful suction to tackle pet hair. It comes with a detachable hand vacuum that you can use for spot cleaning and upholstery.
While not as powerful as corded pet hair vacuums, this model tackles pet messes and is a great option if you hate the idea of dealing with tangled cords.
- Powerful lithium ion battery
- An extra-large dust bin
- 2-in-1 design - stick and hand vacuum
Designed with pet parents in mind, this lightweight vacuum is a versatile pet hair cleaning tool that works on all surfaces. The stick vacuum can be used on all types of floors and comes with an advanced pet hair brushroll that removes pet hairs from carpets. The removable handheld vacuum comes with a pet hair nozzle that is great for upholstery, and a sweep-and- scoop tool for larger debris.
The Bissell Bolt comes with a charging base that doubles as a tool holder and offers rapid recharge. Typically, when fully charged, this vacuum works for 20 to 30 minutes straight, so it is better suited for small apartments or spot cleaning.
- It’s lightweight and easy to maneuver in tight spaces
- The stick vacuum cleans all types of floors including carpets and the hand vacuum is great for furniture
- Offers a hassle-free cleaning without tangled cords that will restrict movement
- Its strong suction picks up pet hairs, dust, and larger pet messes
- Sometimes pet hairs get tangled in the roller brush, but you can use the hand vacuum to pull them out
Overall, the Bissell Bolt is the best upright vacuum for pet hair if you prefer the convenience of no cords. Its strong suction picks up pet hairs on all types of floors and the lightweight design makes vacuuming feel less like a chore.
9. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Stick Vacuum - Sleek & Powerful
Underneath the Shark Rocket DeluxePro Stick Vacuum’s sleek and minimalistic design lies an extremely powerful and clever machine. While it is very thin and super lightweight, the Rocket promises to never lose suction in the middle of the job.
This upright vacuum has a 2-in-1 design and is easily converted into a handheld vacuum which is convenient for quick cleanups. And the stick vacuum removes pet hair and dirt from all types of floors and carpets.
- 2x bigger dust bin than that of the previous Rocket
- The 30-foot long cord
- LED lights
Besides weighing under eight pounds, the Rocket has an advanced swivel steering system that makes maneuvering it much easier. In order to clean every surface in your home, this vacuum comes with four attachments including hard floor hero, wall mount, duster crevice tool, and pet multi-tool.
The pet multi-tool is my favorite since it is specifically designed to remove embedded pet hairs from all surfaces. On the other hand, the duster crevice tool is convenient for debris and other pet messes like kibble or litter.
The fact that this vacuum is so small makes it really easy to move under furniture which is where most pet hairs end up accumulating. And since this is a bagless model, just remove the dust container and empty the contents into the trash.
- The swivel steering and lightweight design make it easy to maneuver and use in hard-to-reach areas
- Its various attachments work great on all types of floors and carpets
- With a 2-in-1 design, you get both a stick and a handheld vacuum for the price of one
- The dust bin is two times larger and allows for uninterrupted cleaning
- A few customers didn’t like the fact that this vacuum can’t stand up on its own, but if you lean it against a wall you won’t have to bend to pick it up from the floor
10. Bissell Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum & Steam Mop - Good For Multitasking
When it comes to living with pets, just vacuuming won’t always cut it and you will have to mop the floors to clean muddy paw prints and other messes. For me, vacuuming and mopping come hand-in-hand, and that’s why I love the idea of Bissell’s Symphony hybrid.
The Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum & Steam Mop brings multi-tasking to a whole other level, making your life a lot easier. It is designed to give you an option to vacuum and steam clean at the same time or separately.
- Its three cleaning functions – low steam, high steam, and vacuum
- The washable microfiber mop
- The easy tank-emptying system
The greatest thing about this hybrid is that you can vacuum and steam mop your floors at the same time. And the easy touch digital controls allow you to switch among the functions quickly.
While this hybrid does exceptionally well on all types of hard floors, its suction isn’t strong enough to pick up all the embedded pet hairs. By using the power of steam, it sanitizes floors only with water and will keep them clean without chemicals.
Bissell managed to combine two cleaning devices in one and keep it lightweight at the same time for better movability. This hybrid comes with a 25-foot power cord which is a sufficient length for uninterrupted cleaning.
- It can vacuum and steam mop simultaneously, saving you time on cleaning
- The microfiber pad is washable and can be reused
- It uses water to sanitize floors so you won’t come into contact with chemicals
- Lightweight design makes it easy to move and carry upstairs
- Not for homes with a lot of carpets, since it vacuums and cleans hard floors better
If you are looking for a way to keep your hard floors pet hair-free, the Bissell Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum & Steam Mop is a great choice. It has an option to vacuum and mop simultaneously, thus cutting your cleaning time in half.
Best Overall Product
Based on overall performance, suction power, maneuverability, and reviews, the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum is the best vacuum cleaner for pets you can buy.
Its superior suction power and the fact that it works on all types of floors are the features that make the Animal 2 stand out among other pet hair vacuums. It also has a HEPA filter that removes and locks in allergens and dust, and the tangle-free brush won’t get clogged by pet hairs every few minutes.
Best Value Product
While it isn’t the cheapest and the cutest looking vacuum out there, the Hoover T-Series Wind Tunnel Pet Bagged Vacuum offers the best value for its price.
Although a bit bulky, this vacuum does what it promises – it removes pet hair from all types of floors. It also has an activated carbon HEPA filter that traps allergens, dust, and pet odors.
Difference Between Standard And Pet Specific Vacuum
Although living with two dogs and a cat is one of the best things that ever happened to me, I didn’t really understand the amount of mess they can create. If someone told me that my regular vacuum couldn’t handle my pets, I wouldn’t have believed them. But now I do!
Here are the main differences between standard and pet hair vacuums:
|Type Of Vacuum||Specialized Tools||Filtration System||Power||Brush Head|
|Standard Vacuum||1. Doesn’t come with specialized pet hair tools|
2. Can’t clean pet hairs from carpets and upholstery
|1. Filter varies from one model to the next|
2. Doesn’t capture allergens and pathogens
3. Releases dirt into the air
|Doesn’t have a strong enough suction to pick up pet hair||1. Has a brush bar that wraps pet hairs|
2. Clogs easily
3. Bristles aren’t designed to pick up pet hair
|Pet Vacuum||1. Comes with specialized pet hair tools|
2. Special brushes remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery
3. Hard nozzles clean kibble and litter
|1. Most models come with a HEPA filter|
2. Removes and locks dust and allergens
|1. Stronger motor and suction power|
2. Powerful suction picks up embedded hair
|1. Specially designed for pet hair|
3. Doesn’t clog
They may look similar and have the same purpose - to keep your house clean - but, standard and pet hair vacuums are completely different. Simply put it, your regular vacuum might work great for your mess, but it will fail to clean after your pet.
Types Of Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaners
If this is your first time shopping for a pet hair vacuum, you’d be surprised to learn that there are several different types. Finding the one that suits your needs is very important. In the end, you wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money on a cleaner that doesn’t do the job right.
So before we go any further, let’s take a look at different types of vacuums for pet hair.
|Type Of Vacuum||Main Features||Best For||Floor Type||Weight||Downsides|
|Upright Vacuum||1. Stronger suction|
2. Convenient design
|1. Tough cleaning jobs|
2. Heavy shedders
|1. Works on carpets and all types of floors||1. Heavy||1. Can be difficult to carry upstairs|
2. Too bulky for small and tight spaces
2. Can be corded or cordless
3. Easy to store
|1. Smaller apartments|
2. Low to moderate shedders
3. Homes with lots of stairs
|1. Better suited for hard floors||1. Lightweight||1. Smaller dust bin |
2. Less powerful than upright pet hair vacuum cleaners
|Canister Vacuum||1. Powerful suction|
2. Comes with various attachments
3. Lasts longer compared to other types of vacuums
|1. Heavy duty cleaning jobs|
2. Can be used in any home
3. For pets that shed a lot
|1. Cleans all types of floors and carpets||1. In the middle - not too heavy, but not lightweight||1. Expensive|
|Handheld Vacuum||1. Portable|
|1. Spot on cleaning|
2. Great for stairs, corners, and hard-to-reach areas
|1. Can be used on carpets, hard floors, and upholstery||1. Lightweight||1. Small dust bin|
2. Can be a nuisance to use in larger areas
|Robotic Vacuum||1. Does the cleaning for you||1. Big rooms with sparse furniture|
2. People who hate to vacuum
|1. Better suited for hard floors||1. Lightweight||1. Small dust bin|
2. Can get stuck in furniture
4. Doesn’t clean carpets well
All of these types of vacuum cleaners clean pet hair, but ultimately your unique needs will determine which type will be the best for you. If your pet is a heavy shedder and you have to clean carpets and hard floors, you should look at upright and canister vacuums. On the other hand, if you don’t have carpets and are dealing with moderate pet mess, a stick or handheld vacuum will get the job done.
Choosing The Best Pet Vacuum
Considering how many different pet hair vacuum cleaners are available on the market, finding the right one for you might not be a straightforward task. And since some of them can be quite expensive, you should take your time before committing to one.
The following 10 factors will help you narrow down your options and find the best pet hair vacuum for you.
- Overall Performance: Let’s be real, most of us don’t get a pet vacuum cleaner so it would only pick up pet hair, you want it to clean after you as well. Does it pick up heavy debris? Will it clean the sand out of carpets? That’s why you need to consider the vacuum’s overall performance.
- Weight: The weight of a vacuum cleaner is closely related to its type. But taking into account how heavy or lightweight a vacuum is can mean a world of difference when you actually try to use it.
- How It Picks Up Pet Hair: Obviously, you don’t want to spend money buying a pet hair vacuum only to have it clean everything else except pet hairs. You want a strong suction that pulls everything straight into the dust cap or bag.
- Value: Once you start researching different pet vacuum cleaners you will notice that prices can vary quite a bit. There are some expensive pet vacuum cleaners that pretty much do the same job as ones that cost half as much.
- Bagged Or Bagless: Vacuum cleaners come either with a bag or without it. While the presence or the lack of a bag doesn’t affect the vacuum’s performance one bit, emptying one is a whole different story.
- Cord Or Cordless: This is a very important factor to consider. Corded models have a stronger suction but cordless models will give you a better range of motion.
- The Size Of The Area You Need To Clean: You should definitely consider the size of the area you are going to clean. Stick vacuums, for example, are a great choice for small apartments, but they won’t do much in a big two story house.
- Attachments: If you want to take full advantage of a pet hair vacuum cleaner look for one that comes with all sorts of attachments. This way, you will be able to remove pet hair from upholstery, drapes, carpets, and floors, which will save you time on cleaning them separately.
- Type Of Pet: Although all pets shed to some extent, some breeds shed significantly more. If your pet is a heavy shedder, you should definitely consider getting a vacuum with stronger suction and large dust capacity.
- Type Of Filter: When it comes to pets, an effective filter system means a huge difference in the quality of your everyday life. It will ensure that the allergens picked from the floor stay locked inside the vacuum, instead of getting released back into your home.
Features That Are Nice To Have But Aren’t Necessary
While these features aren’t my top priority, you may feel differently, and that is completely ok. Although they can be nice additions to an already great vacuum, they won’t impact its ability to pick up pet hair in the slightest.
- Noise: You might think that you need a quiet vacuum, but in the end, all vacuums make noise. And it is better if you acclimate your pet to the use of the vacuum cleaner instead of allowing him to shiver every time you reach for the vacuum.
- Swivel Steering: The maneuverability of a vacuum cleaner is a great feature if you have a lot of furniture in tight spaces. Otherwise, you won’t actually need an advanced swivel steering system.
- Fragrance: Scented filters and other deodorizers aren’t that important when shopping for a pet vacuum cleaner. But if you want to have one, make sure that the fragrance won’t be too overwhelming for your pets.
- LED Lights: While not a necessity, LED lights are a nice feature to have, especially if your pet tends to leave hard messes behind. These lights will increase visibility and help you clean those extra problematic areas.
- HEPA Filter: The HEPA filter system is the best one you can find and I strongly recommend one if you or any of your family members suffer from allergies. Otherwise, a standard filter system will suffice.
Ever since you brought your cuddly cat or cute dog into your life, you committed yourself to share your home with him/her and a lot of pet hairs. But if you can’t stand seeing pet hairs all over your floors and furniture, getting a vacuum cleaner for pet hair is unavoidable.
In the sea of cleaners specially designed to meet the more demanding needs of pet parents, one vacuum offers a superior cleaning experience. The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is the best upright vacuum for pet hair currently available on the market.
With the strongest suction and self-adjusting cleaning head, this vacuum cleans pet hair and other messes from carpets and all types of floors. It also has a HEPA filter system that traps allergens and dust making the air inside your home clean and safe to breathe.
Of course, the other pet hair vacuum cleaners mentioned above will also do a great job, you just have to find the one that ticks all the boxes for you.
Just make sure that the vacuum you choose has strong suction, specialized pet attachments, large enough bin capacity, and high enough power to allow you to clean your entire house in one go.